Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Week Left!

I have one week left! This week hasn't been a terribly eventful one but it has still been good. I want to say first of all Happy Birthday to Mandy.

Last week was hard because we made a district goal to only speak Spanish the entire week and it is really hard because their are other people in the MTC that don't speak Spanish. But we had to make some exceptions like in the temple or with new missionaries. We actually did pretty well at the beginning of the week. Of course, everyone talked a lot slower and probably a lot less than normal but we were proud of ourselves. By the end of the week if we didn't know what a word was we would spanishize it instead of trying to explain it but that is still good. There is another district in our zone who came in the same day as us and they can't even go one day without speaking a lot of english.

This week we got to be Host Sisters to the the missionaries coming into the MTC. It was a lot of fun and I got to show 2 sisters around: one going to Independence Missouri and the other going to Florida. I had a lot of fun, especially because this was one of our exceptions to speak English so I was more talkative than normal. We are excited because we get to be Hosts again tomorrow!

This last week we also had a district goal to teach 20 lessons. And, we made it! It was hard to do 20 lessons and we had to sacrifice a lot of our own study time to do it but I am glad we did. We learned a lot about teaching and how we can improve our teaching abilities.

Since we are leaving in a week, we had to go to a health and safety meeting which was really helpful. In the meeting I learned that I should drink a lot of water, be safe, not to eat uncooked food especially with bugs in it and not to pick my nose. Now I am ready to go!

Finally, I wanted to tell you about how much I don't really like the RC (Referral Center). We have to call people who ordered things like Book of Mormons, Bibles or DVDs. And now we have to do all our calls in Spanish. Last Thursday we went and some lady answered the phone and she was talking and I had no idea what she was saying but I would say, "Oh, que bueno" or "Lo siento". I think she told me that she has a lot of Mormon friends and that her mom is dying and that she lives in California but is in New Jersey and is going to move to Columbia. I am actually surprised that I know that much about her life because I had no idea what she was saying. I am just hoping I will be better when I am talking to someone's face rather than on the telephone. Cross your fingers for me! But it was a fun experience even though she didn't want the missionaries.

Oh, and I got my haircut today at the MTC hair salon and it was free which was why I went. I just didn't want my hair on my neck as I am sweating away. Now I am ready to go to El Salvador!

Thanks to everyone for all the love and support I received this week! I have really spiritually grown and I know that as I serve the Lord, I will find happiness in the work as I see the lives of other people changing for the better. I am really excited to finally leave the MTC next Monday. I love you all!

Hermana Crystal Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment