Monday, March 14, 2011

I don´t like making up titles

I can´t believe that it is pday again! Time sure flies by. And the big news is... we don´t have transfers. I was kind of surprised because we thought for sure Hermana Izaguirre would be changed but no. I have never been with a companion for 3 transfers but I guess there is a first thing for everything. I kind of like having transfers but I realized that I am happy to not have any change because we already have a good relationship and we know how each other works and we can just work really hard this transfer without having to adjust to anything. So many things have happened this week and one of the was not the baptism of Karla. We were sad about that but I had already had the feeling that her dad was not going to give her permission. But we are still going to work on it. Her dad is nice to us even though everyone says that he is a bomb ready to explode. So, maybe we will be able to see her baptism someday.

Despite that, we had a really good Sunday. I have already written about the familia Barillas. They are so wonderful and are still progressing. They told us this week that they weren´t going to be able to go to church because they were going to go visit family. But on Sunday we passed their house early in the morning and they said that they didn´t go to see their family and they were already getting ready to go to church. The dad smokes and this week he said, I am trying, but I can´t quit smoking. He continued to tell us that when he goes to church, he doesn´t want to smoke at all on Sunday but he gets really antsy and his nerves start shaking. Even though he feels like he can´t do it, I saw a lot of hope because he has a sincere desire to quit smoking and that is the first step. And he knows that the church is something special and he feels peace when he goes. We love this family and we are going to do everything we can so that they can be faithful members. Yesterday at church, Jaime blessed the sacrament and we were so happy. He is the wierdo that got baptized in February. We know that he is strange but we love him so much. We feel like he is our baby and that he is growing up. On Saturday he went to the single adult activity and he helped the cook make enchiladas. So we feel like the ward is friendshipping him and making him feel needed. He said that from blessing the sacrament he felt. Our little baby is growing up so fast:) and now he is not so wierd.

Dad asked about Roberto. Well, there is not much to say about him. He disappeared this week and then showed up Saturday night ready to go to church on Sunday. He is so strange. In district meeting we were telling them about him and the zone leaders didn´t believe that we had an investigator stranger than Jaime but yes, we do. But Ciudad Real is really full of strange people. There are tons of good people and tons of wierd people.

Yesterday we had another blessing. The bishop interviewed a member who was inactive but now always goes to church who had a 10 year old son. He randomly asked ¨And your son is baptized right?¨ And she said.... ¨No¨. So, we have a new investigator! And he is going to get baptized the 26th of March! We felt blessed. And the best thing about it is that he is already an active member and just didn´t get baptized when he turned 8. So we visited them and they are really excited about his baptism and his great grandpa is going to come from San Salvador to do the baptism. So, that is about it with the investigators.

We are starting into the hottest months of the year and recently insects called ¨langostas¨ having started appearing everywhere. If anyone knows, I am terrified of almost every creepy crawly thing. And these langostas aren´t an exception because they are gigantic grass hoppers! Just thinking about them makes me cringe. When we were talking with the familia Barillas, the dad was telling us that one landed on him when he was working. I get shivers thinking about it. I love El Salvador but it would be a better country with out langostas. And this week I also got to try a new delicousy.... Tongue. I knew that people ate tongue but vaguely. So Hermana Ena (that got baptized in January) cooked us up some toungue. I also got cringes thinking about eating toungue. I don´t know why but I am not terribly adventurous with my food. But it did taste really good. She said that the next time she is going to cook us pig ears. Mmm, I can´t wait.

So now I only have one transfer left. I have been thinking about what I have learned on the mission. Yesterday we visited a member and she is really opinionated. The home teachers knocked on the door but she told them to come back when her family was home. So naturally we asked who were her home teachers and then she started to talk about one of them saying that he was the ugliest person she had ever seen and it is obvious why he isn´t married because no one wants to marry someone is so ugly and went on and on and on. She says things like this all the time. But when I thought about it, I realized that this is one thing that I have learned on the mission: the love God has for everyone. I doesn´t matter what we look like, God loves each and every one of us unconditionally and that is how we should love too. Mandy also wrote about that in her letter. That God loves us and that everyone needs the opportunity to hear the gospel in order to have true happiness. And even then, if we don´t change our lives, the gospel is in vain. Jesus Christ suffered for us but we have our agency to choose between eternal life or captivity. When we know the gospel and don´t change our own lives, we are not applying the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives and we don´t really know Him. I know I am not perfect but I know that we are all children of God.

I am so happy to be a missionary. I know that I am called of God to bring about this marvelous work. And I am even more happy because we are going to play kickball today!

I love you so much.

Hermana Bush

Today I almost left the house without my nametag. How embarrassing. I don´t want to be like every other pedestrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment