Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Being in the MTC was just fine. We didn't have anyone in the district crying or moping so it was an enjoyable day. Of course, everyone would have rather been home but it was also a fun and spiritual experience being at the MTC. Last Tuesday night, we had a devotional given by Elder Neil L. Andersen. That was really good and I was excited to hear from him since he is the newest apostle and I don't know much about him. We have had so many great speakers this last week. Elder L. Tom Perry came on Christmas day and that night we had the LDS painter Greg Olsen speak to us who has a ton of famous paintings. On Sunday in Relief Society we had Barbara Thompson from the General Relief Society President. It was definitely a great week for speakers. On Christmas during the day, they had a huge MTC talent show and we were all surprised that it actually had talent! Some acts were really funny and some acts were probably not so appropriate for a missionary.

This week has gone by a little slow though too because I got a cold and on Christmas Eve morning I felt terrible. But then I felt a lot better after that and since then I have just been congested. At least I didn't get the flu and have to quarantined for Christmas. That would have been the worst.

Thank you so much for everyone who sent me things for Christmas. The Reichmans gave me lots of candy and a plastic bowling set. It was fun and I let the Elders in my district play it on Christmas. But after a while they got carried away and so I had to take away their bowling privileges. If they are good Elders I might let them play with my bowling set again:) Thanks also to Grandma and Grandpa. It was so much fun to get a package and and to eat all the goodies that we don't get to enjoy at the MTC. I am so grateful for everyone who was thinking of me.

Thanks family for everything you sent me. I felt so spoiled because I had a huge box while everyone got little boxes and with one thing inside. Hermana Layton was so happy that you sent her a little something too and the Elders loved their little stockings. The altoid boxes say, "Curiously strong mints" and so whenever they eat one they say that was a curiously strong mint.

Well, I have had a great Christmas. One of our roommates had a hard time being away from home and we have had long nights trying to cheer her up and remind her why she is here. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know that God lives and loves each one of us and if I didn't know that God loved me, I wouldn't be here right now. I am so excited to share the message of the restored gospel to the people in El Salvador. I have only 2 weeks and 6 days left in the MTC! I am so excited although I haven't heard anything about if I got my visa. The church is having a hard time getting visas for Brasil and so there are 200 missionaries waiting here in the MTC. One missionary had been here for 15 weeks and then finally they sent him to wait while proselyting in Salt Lake. Then I got a letter from Heather in DC and she said that there is a missionary there waiting for his visa to go to El Salvador! Ahhh. I don't think that will happen to me because some missionaries I met already went to El Salvador from the MTC. I will be crossing my fingers till I hear about my visa. Well, my district is now the second oldest in the branch and it is sad to see people leave but so exciting at the same time. I love you all!

Have a happy new year!

Hermana Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment