Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week 4 finished

This week has been another great week! I have some more funny stories about this week. Last week, I had to get my final two shots (that were $115) and while I was getting my shots, Hermana Layton had to stay in a room full of companions that had to wait. It took a long time to wait for my shots, but after I got them I went to find my companion in that room. I couldn't find her anywhere so I looked in the bathroom and she still wasn't there. There was an elder from my district there and he said he hadn't seen her. I decided to wait for her in that room until she got back. I sat there for at least 10 minutes and then the elder said, I found your companion. He pointed to the corner of the room and there was Hermana Layton napping. She was hunched over passed out! I had such a good laugh.

On Friday night we went to bed at 10:30 and then at 12, the fire alarm went off. It was so weird. I was not ready to be interrupted in the middle of the night by the fire alarm. This was my thought process: 1) I woke up thinking what is that. 2) I realized that it was the fire alarm so I should probably get out of bed. 3) Then I thought, I should probably turn off my alarm clock incase I am not back at 6 when it goes off. I am glad to know that in an emergency, I would turn off my alarm clock. That night we also learned that I am really bossy when in emergencies and Hermana Layton is really slow.

On Sundays, we have Relief Society with all the sisters in the MTC. This week we had Sister Elaine S. Dalton (the Young Womens General President) come talk to us. It was such a good talk. She talked about that doing a mission is like running up a hill. It is really hard but when you get to the top, it is so rewarding and you see such a great view.

So I wanted to share a little about my life at the MTC to answer some questions from mom. We have gym every day except P-days and Sundays. I usually run a mile with my companion and then play volleyball with the remaining time. Last week we actually played a district basketball game which was really fun. Hermana Layton and I had to guard each other which was fun because she doesn't know how to play very well and she was easy to push around:)

We also go to choir twice a week on Sundays and Tuesdays. We sing for Tuesday night devotionals. Tonight we are singing Away in a Manger. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all but I am really happy that we at least get to here Christmas songs when we sing them.

P-days are my least favorite day because they are so busy! We get to go to the temple every pday but we also have to do 3 hours of studying and doing our laundry and writing. Then, we have to end our pday at 5 instead of the normal 6 in order to go to choir. Last Sunday we were practicing and the choir director stopped us and said "have any of you had the opportunity to sneak into a young child's room at night?" It was so strange that he said that. We couldn't stop laughing and I don't know what his point was.

Finally the food. They have cafeteria style food every day three times a day. We always laugh because every meal we guess that there will be some sort of fried potato and some sort of fried chicken. And we are always right! It is fine though because they have salad too.

Well, I am happy to be here and we have had so many spiritual experiences! I love this work. I love the Lord and I know that this is where I am supposed to be. Have a great week!

Love

Hermana Crystal Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment